Website development company:
Website development company There are hundreds of different website building platforms and website builders around the market.
WordPress, Wix, Joomla, Drupal… Just to name a few.
You can also code your website from scratch, but we wouldn’t recommend it on mainly two reasons:
- It just takes too much time (seriously)
- Your end result will be mediocre at its best…
But which one should you choose?
Website development company Here’s Why Most People Use WordPress to Build a Website
Website development company Unlike many other website builders, it’s completely free.
WordPress is the easiest platform we’ve ever worked with, but it’s flexible enough to suit everyone – small business websites, online shops, bigger organizations and so on…
But more importantly:
- WordPress vs. HTML & CSS: Learning HTML from scratch can take 6+ months, let alone CSS and PHP. Having a basic knowledge of HTML can help you gauge things more quickly, but if you want to create a website within a day or two, learning HTML isn’t a viable option.
- WordPress vs. Website Builders: Website builders are expensive and often very limited. They are good for one-page websites, but not more.
- WordPress vs. Joomla/Drupal: WordPress is just so much more user-friendly.
Website development company If you want more details, we’ve put together a comprehensive comparison of WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal.
If for some reason you don’t want to build your site with WordPress, check out our Drupal, Joomla and HTML5 guides as well. They are all FREE to use.
But for the beginners, we strongly suggest sticking to WordPress.
P.S. Don’t choose your platform right away. Most web hosting services offer one-click-installs for WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal. You can decide later and you don’t need to download/install anything.
Where Do I register a Domain Name and Get Web Hosting?
Full disclosure: Website development company We earn a commission if you end up purchasing Bluehost through our referral links in this guide. This helps us to keep WebsiteSetup up and running and up-to-date. Thanks for your support.
We’ve mostly used as a web hosting and domain registrar.
Use this link to get a free domain (for the first year) with your hosting.
Their introductory price starts from $2.75/mo and they’re currently throwing in a domain name for free (first year)– so it’s worth checking them out.
They are also one of the most popular hosting providers on the market, so they are definitely well-established and secure enough to host your website.